We are looking for a Paralegal to join our expanding Commercial team in our London office. The ideal candidate will have experience in data protection and intellectual property, whist also being a good team player.
As a Paralegal your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supporting the smooth running of a busy data protection and IP practice within the wider Commercial team with appropriate administrative and Paralegal support
- Proactively assisting fee earners and business services staff at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor and others in the team.
- Providing a competent and responsive service to both internal and external clients wholly under direct supervision.
- Becoming familiar with, and operating, the procedures and systems required of fee earners for billing, case management, archiving & file closure and operating these systems appropriately.
- Taking every reasonable opportunity to further legal and skills training.
- Contributing where appropriate as part of a department or sector work teams in the development of marketing (including know how, articles and marketing material), cross-selling, quality and operational issues and introducing clients to the firm wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have At least 6 months of previous legal experience and preferably a good degree (2.1) plus LPC or equivalent. A "can do" attitude, ability to assimilate information and knowledge quickly and being a team player are as important as direct relevant experience.
Knowledge, experience & skills required:
- Data protection experience, especially in handling Subject Access Requests.
- Intellectual property or other commercial litigation experience.
- Experience of higher education, health or hi-tech sectors.
- Commitment, a "can do" attitude and strong team work approach.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge in carrying out work.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness of, and interest in, clients and their sectors.
- Very organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong client care skills, recognising the client at the centre of the firm.
- Effective case and transaction management.
- Legal research - ability to apply relevant legal issues applicable to a case.
- Willing to go the extra mile for clients and responsive to deadlines.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards