Commercial Property Paralegal
We have an exciting opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Commercial Property team in Bristol. If you have an interest in property, and are looking to broaden and develop your skills, then then we would love to hear from you. If successful, you would work with a growing team of experts that provide their clients with a seamless service, covering all aspects of commercial property transactions, across a range of sectors.
- File opening and administration
- Lexcel compliance preparation such as scanning and carrying out money laundering processes
- Dealing with search requests for property transactions and collating the results
- SDLT submissions
- Land Registry applications and post completion administration
- File closure and archiving
- Legal research on new issues
- Providing assistance with marketing material including drafting articles, presentations and general business development
- Assisting with faculty procedures for Diocese clients
- Taking opportunities to further legal and skills training
- Complying with the departmental requirements for the use of secretaries
- Assisting fee earners at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor; e.g.: helping with letters & reports to clients and billing
- Becoming familiar with, and operating the procedures and systems required of fee earners at Veale Wasbrough Vizards for case management, billing, file opening, money laundering compliance, archiving, accounts procedures, etc.
- Contributing where appropriate, as part of a department to marketing, cross-selling, quality and operational issues and to introduce clients to the firm wherever possible
- Being a team-player in terms of the team, department and firm as a whole.
The Ideal Candidate
Required skills, knowledge and experience
A sound understanding of the residential or commercial conveyancing process is essential, whilst experience in this area is also desired. Must be organised, possess good client care skills and be a team player. Familiarity with and confidence in the use of IT and other applications; document management; good typing skills. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally with clients and third parties.
The ability to:
- Conduct effective case and transaction management
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with other colleagues and clients
- Research the relevant legal position thoroughly and accurately.
We are an award-winning law firm, acting for both public and private sector clients nationally and ranked as a leader in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Our core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensures a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are committed to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business.
We have national recognition for our sector-focused approach, which means that we direct our skill, energy and expertise in understanding our clients in the sectors that they operate in. This includes education, charities, energy & utilities, family businesses, healthcare, pharmaceuticals & life sciences, private wealth, the public sector, recruitment, startup & early stage companies and technology.
Our Commercial Property team is made up of 79 people across our Bristol, London, Watford and Birmingham Offices. We work collaboratively across offices in an open plan environment.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards