Commercial Property Paralegal
We have an opportunity for a Paralegal to join our Commercial Property team in Bristol. If you have an interest in property, and are looking to broaden and develop your skills, then then we would love to hear from you. If successful, you would work with a growing team of experts that provide their clients with a seamless service, covering all aspects of commercial property transactions, across a range of sectors.
Your key tasks will include:
- File opening and administration
- Lexcel compliance preparation such as scanning and carrying out money laundering processes
- Dealing with search requests for property transactions and collating the results
- SDLT submissions
- Land Registry applications and post completion administration
- File closure and archiving
- Legal research on new issues
- Providing assistance with marketing material including drafting articles, presentations and general business development
- Assisting with faculty procedures for Diocese clients
- Taking opportunities to further legal and skills training
- Complying with the departmental requirements for the use of secretaries
- Assisting fee earners at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor; e.g.: helping with letters & reports to clients and billing
- Becoming familiar with, and operating the procedures and systems required of fee earners at Veale Wasbrough Vizards for case management, billing, file opening, money laundering compliance, archiving, accounts procedures, etc.
- Contributing where appropriate, as part of a department to marketing, cross-selling, quality and operational issues and to introduce clients to the firm wherever possible
- Being a team-player in terms of the team, department and firm as a whole.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have a sound understanding of the residential or commercial conveyancing process is essential, whilst experience in this area is also desired. Must be organised, possess good client care skills and be a team player. Familiarity with and confidence in the use of IT and other applications; document management; good typing skills. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally with clients and third parties.
The ability to:
- Conduct effective case and transaction management
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with other colleagues and clients
- Research the relevant legal thoroughly and accurately.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards