We are looking for Compliance Co-ordinator to join our Bristol office on a fixed term basis.
You will work as part of our Compliance team to deliver efficient, appropriate and compliant legal support. You will play a vital role in assisting with the firm's conflict checking and matter opening processes and will co-ordinate between the compliance team and the firm to assist in maintaining and delivering best practice.
As the Compliance Co-ordinator, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the provision of a centralised approach for legal and commercial conflict searches with a quick turnaround time.
- Assisting with matter opening and co-ordinating with a pool of assistants who support the process, as well as being a key member of the Compliance Team.
- Ensuring that the Quality and Compliance Intranet page is maintained and up to date, in collaboration with members of the Knowledge Team.
- Producing reports to inform the COLP (Compliance Officer for Legal Practice), and the HRC to support Compliance and/or Risk activities.
- Maintaining and monitoring claims, complaints and MLRO records both on DMS and in hard copy
- Assisting the HRC with relevant aspects of the practising certificate renewals process, Lexcel process, and other accreditation/insurance renewals where required.
- Supporting the COLP and the HRC with firm-wide file audit completion follow up.
- Assisting with spot checks/audits on DMS on files in both offices and reporting on findings to the COLP and the HRC.
- Dealing with routine enquiries and administrative tasks as instructed by the COLP and HRC. These tasks may involve typing, document production, scheduling meetings and data input.
- Assisting with, and providing administrative support as Secretary to the Best Practice Group.
- Assisting with special compliance projects
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a legal environment, or in a similar administrative role. Experience of our sectors would be of interest, but not essential.
Intelligence, accuracy, attention to detail, ability to use initiative, determination and persistence are essential skills.
Familiarity with a variety of Microsoft packages is required, and experience with other applications would also be desirable. For example, experience with document management systems/client database systems would beneficial.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, internally and externally.
We expect all of our employees to have good team working and collaborative skills. We view the client as at the centre of the firm and all staff should demonstrate a commercial approach in their work.
Furthermore, you will demonstrate the ability to:
- Co-ordinate with others and demonstrate flexibility
- Understand our approach to best practice and the importance of the SRA code in relation to conflict searches
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance with conflict checks and appreciate the importance of a quick and efficient turnaround time for conflict searches
- Audit case and transaction management electronically
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards