We are currently looking for a Events Executive to support our Senior Marketing Manager to manage and implement the firm’s event programme across all offices.
Although this role will be based in our Watford office, there will be an expectation for the successful candidate to support events in our London office, so regular attendance at that office will also be needed.
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Support the marketing team in their activities.
- In collaboration with the Senior Marketing Manager, manage resource and support for events across offices.
- Provide regular statistical reports to the Senior Marketing Manager.
- Collaborate with our First Impression Team to ensure a consistent team approach to supporting our events.
- Support the Watford Focus Group by attending regular meetings and taking forward events actions.
- Co-ordinate and implement the firm’s events programme, which includes corporate hospitality, dinners, conferences, seminars, exhibitions, speaking opportunities, webinars, podcasts and lawyer networking.
- Research and evaluate new event opportunities.
- Research, evaluate and negotiate venues.
- In collaboration with the Senior Marketing Manager, conduct feasibilities for events that ensures our events pass the 'bang for our buck' test.
- Manage event expenditure in collaboration with the Senior Marketing Manager to ensure budgets are well managed.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate ad hoc firm events; eg: golf days, annual dinners, staff conference, etc.
- Conduct event evaluation and deliver reports, with recommendations to lawyers.
- Support event activity with follow up activity to events, ensuring all leads are maximised and opportunities realised. Ensure activity is tracked so that ROI can be demonstrated.
- Support teams with their event ideas by attending their team meetings.
- Deliver event marketing material, which can involve hard copy invites or e-invites, social and digital marketing that is consistent with our brand image and within budget.
- Collaborate with the Comms team to ensure there is a joined up approach for all digital marketing relating to events.
- Where appropriate, liaise with external speakers to ensure the content is delivered for the event; eg: biogs for flyers, presentations, etc.
- Promote all events internally and externally.
- Liaise with the firm's caterers to deliver high quality refreshments for attendees.
- Where needed, provide support at the venue/location of the event. This can involve overnight stays and travel.
- Have a knowledge, appreciation and understanding of the events assistant role and where needs be, support with workloads if resource is needed.
- Create and manage mailing lists in our CRM system Infor.
- Take a proactive approach on behalf of our Watford and London offices to seek out new opportunities for events and sponsorships.
- Develop a network of contacts in the Watford and London office to help build our profile and seek out commercial opportunities.
- Maintain our existing relationships eg with Watford Chamber, Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce and London Chamber of Commerce and Industry, ensuring we deliver profile raising opportunities and maximise the return on the investment.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have a degree with a 2:1 and/or with the Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification. Two or more years professional services marketing experience with a focus on event management.
Essential skills include the ability to project manage, communicate actively, present to and persuade senior lawyers & partners, as well as, excellent attention to detail, organisation and time management.
Experience and an aptitude for business development is also a key requirement for this role. A flexible approach is required due to the timing of some of the events, as well as some travel.
Full driving licence required.
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels.
We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards