Legal Cashier x 2
We are looking for two Legal Cashiers to join our Accounts team in Bristol.
Working closely with the Finance Manager, our Legal Cashiers support the provision of financial services to the firm.
As we have two roles, we are ideally looking for two Legal Cashiers with different levels of experience. One role would be suited to somebody who has a wealth of experience to bring to the team, and one would be suited to somebody at the start of their career in Finance.
The following information explains more about these exciting new roles. Please get in touch with us directly if you would like to find out more (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Both of these roles hold core responsibilities which will include, but will not be limited to:
- Ensuring all transactions passing through the Finance Team are dealt with in accordance with the firm's procedures as laid down by the Finance Manager and controlled by the firm's Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) and that such transactions comply with the Solicitors' Accounts Rules
- Ensuring that all transactions are posted onto the finance system on a timely basis
- Liaising with members of staff in the Finance and other teams to correct any problems encountered with financial transactions received and responding to any queries from those teams
- Providing assistance to teams in preparation of and processing of invoices
- Liaising with Credit Control in the allocation of funds and organising transfers from Client account to Office account in settlement of our invoices
- Providing support in dealing with queries and requisitions via email
- Dealing with client and office account receipts, both cheque and electronic
- Producing cheques for payment to suppliers etc.
- Logging and completion electronic payments
- Logging and payment of purchase ledger transactions including matter-related disbursements
- All other aspects of financial transaction input
The Ideal Candidate
One of our roles would suit an experienced Legal Cashier, looking to take the next step in their career. You will have experience of driving a team to succeed in challenging circumstances, monitoring performance against targets, and will be constantly looking for areas for the team to improve upon. You will be a superuser and be confident in the use of a range of IT systems.
The second role would suit somebody looking to develop their skills in a legal environment. You will have between 3 - 6 months experience in Finance, but this may not have been in a legal setting. This role would be an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to develop and progress their career in a supportive and professional environment.
Required skills and knowledge
- Excellent sense of customer service - desire to help customers with problem-solving as well as administrative support
- Ability to communicate in an efficient manner including excellent telephone skills;
- Self-motivated and able to organise own workload with minimal supervision;
- Good knowledge of IT systems, and particularly Microsoft Excel;
- Attention to detail and accuracy when inputting and checking data
- Commitment to improving working practices and support company plans and policies
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards