Litigation and Employment Solicitor (0-3 years PQE)
We are looking for a Litigation and Employment Solicitor 0-3 years PQE to join our Insolvency and Restructuring team in Watford
This is a varied role, covering corporate insolvency and restructuring, personal insolvency, LPA receiverships and company directors' disqualification proceedings.
Clients will include banks and other lenders, property investors, receivers, insolvency practitioners and company directors.
The Insolvency and Restructuring team consists of four partners, a senior associate, three associates and a solicitor, each with particular areas of expertise and experience. The team is based in our Watford, London and Bristol offices but works collaboratively regardless of location.
Your main responsibilities would be as follows:
- Communicating with colleagues, clients, counsel and third parties face to face, via telephone, email etc;
- Taking instructions from clients.
- Doing research and drafting advice.
- Drafting agreements and other transactional documents.
- Drafting statements of case and witness evidence.
- Drafting instructions to counsel.
- Supporting and participating in business development (e.g. articles, blogging and socialising with work providers).
The Ideal Candidate
You Must have worked as a qualified solicitor in an Insolvency and Restructuring team with experience of both contentious and non-contentious work. You must also have familiarity with and confidence in the use of office IT applications.
You will have the ability to;
- Advocate and present orally when required
- Conduct effective case and transaction management
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- Draft legal documents, advice notes and give legal advice that is clear and concise
- Interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- Identify relevant legal issues applicable to a case or a transaction
- Conduct negotiations where appropriate
- Research relevant areas of law
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards