Paralegal (Estates, Tax Planning & Trusts)
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Estates, Tax Planning and Trusts team in Bristol. This is a support role within the private client department spread across 3 offices. You will take responsibility for admin tasks to enable fee earners to concentrate on business creation and fee income.
As a Paralegal your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Filing - both electronic and paper.
- Diary management - liaising with clients/arrange meetings/appointments.
- Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
- Building up a rapport with clients.
- Becoming familiar with all standard marketing material for the department and gaining an overall knowledge of the other areas of legal work VWV covers, to assist with referral to clients/new enquiries to the relevant department.
- Able to take comprehensive telephone messages and quality leads and pass to Partner.
- Opening new files, ensuring files are Lexcel compliant and assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established.
- Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
- Liaising with other support teams, i.e. Reception/Business Centre/Marketing/Knowledge Centre where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have the ability to:
- Provide support to team of fee earners from partner level to paralegal level.
- Some knowledge of probate process, will and LPAs.
- Ability to prioritise own workloads when busy.
- Excellent typing skills essential.
- Ability to take attendance notes
- Professional telephone manner, with ability to engage with clients essential.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word essential.
- A calm, helpful & professional image - potential client facing role.
- Other packages used: PowerPoint, Excel, & LexisOne - training will be provided.
- Preferably with at least 3-6 months of previous legal experience in a Private Client role
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards