Private Client Paralegal (Estates, Tax Planning and Trusts)
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Private Client department in Birmingham. You will be part of the Estates, Tax Planning and Trusts team taking responsibility for admin tasks to free up fee earners to allow them to concentrate on business creation and fee income.
- Filing - both electronic and paper.
- Diary management - liaising with clients/arrange meetings/appointments.
- Contacting clients/intermediaries to obtain relevant information or documentation to assist fee earners to deal with enquiries.
- Building up a rapport with clients.
- Becoming familiar with all standard marketing material for the department and gaining an overall knowledge of the other areas of legal work VWV covers, to assist with referral to clients/new enquiries to the relevant department.
- Able to take comprehensive telephone messages and quality leads and pass to Partner.
- Opening new files, ensuring files are Lexcel compliant and assisting with money laundering procedures to make sure client ID correctly established.
- Monitoring of e-mail inbox for fee earners who are absent from office.
- Liaising with other support teams, i.e. Reception/Business Centre/Marketing/Knowledge Centre where necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
Preferably with at least 3-6 months of previous legal experience in a Private Client role.
- Ability to provide support to team of fee earners from partner level to paralegal level.
- Some knowledge of probate process, will and LPAs.
- Ability to prioritise own workloads when busy.
- Excellent typing skills essential.
- Ability to take attendance notes
- Professional telephone manner, with ability to engage with clients essential.
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word essential.
- A calm, helpful & professional image - potential client facing role.
- Other packages used: PowerPoint, Excel, & LexisOne - training will be provided.
We are an award-winning law firm, acting for both public and private sector clients nationally and ranked as a leader in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Our core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensures a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are committed to the training and development of our employees at all levels. This can be demonstrated by our Bronze Investors in People accreditation. On top of this, we have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business.
We have national recognition for our sector-focused approach, which means that we direct our skill, energy and expertise in understanding our clients in the sectors that they operate in. This includes education, charities, energy & utilities, family businesses, healthcare, pharmaceuticals & life sciences, private wealth, the public sector, recruitment, startup & early stage companies and technology.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards