Private Client Paralegal
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Estates Tax Planning and Trusts team in our London office.
You will be working with fee earners and secretaries across offices so being highly organised, a strong team player and possessing good client care skills are essential for this role.
As a Paralegal your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting fee earners with the delivery of accurate and timely administration of estates.
- Opening files, and assisting in progress the administration of estates.
- Becoming familiar with, and operating all procedures concerning the opening of files, the use of precedents and the use of any document or case management system required of fee earners.
- Assisting with the production of Wills and Powers of Attorney.
- Assisting fee earners at all levels with tasks delegated by the supervisor; e.g: helping with letters and reports to clients and helping with drafting documents.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of files.
- Contributing where appropriate, as part of a department or section work team, in the development of marketing, cross-selling, quality and operational issues and introducing clients to the firm wherever possible.
- Being flexible and able to work in our Watford office, attending events as required.
- Liaising with other Paralegals and giving support staff across all offices, providing assistance as required.
- Being a ‘team player’ in terms of the work group, department and where appropriate to the Firm as a whole.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be LPC/CILEX qualified, preferably with at least 6 months of previous legal experience in a Private Client department. You will be Confident in the use of Microsoft Office IT applications and ideally experience of a Case Management System and making effective use of precedents. You will also have familiarity and understanding of the full process of Estate administration is desirable. Preferably also experienced in drafting basic power of attorney documents and Wills.
The ability to:
- Liaise with fee earners and secretaries to conduct effective estate administration
- Communicate concisely both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- Take instructions from clients and deal with clients in a manner which is both professional and empathetic
VWV is a full service law firm ranked as a leader in both the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories. Our firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of our clients. Our high standards have been recognised by the Law Society through Lexcel and their Conveyancing Quality schemes.
We have been accredited by Investors in People as a firm who are passionate about developing our employees. We have a clear strategic plan in place with our core purpose and our focus is our clients, commerciality and delivering through effective teamwork.
With over 430 members of staff across four offices in London, Watford, Bristol and Birmingham, we are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of our employees at all levels. We have the reputation of being a friendly firm with approachable staff in all areas of the business. 96% of our clients say they would recommend us which, we believe, is a strong indicator of our culture.
We understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. That's why we place emphasis on healthy living, offering all of our employees private healthcare, and a range of other benefits including up to 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, bonus schemes and generous pension contributions.
You will find a wide range of activities at VWV, from lunchtime yoga classes, to theatre trips, running clubs and sports matches.
If you need to adjust your work pattern to ensure that you are striking the right balance between home and work life, we will do everything that we can to enable you to fulfil this.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis and therefore we may close the vacancy before the closing date.
Veale Wasbrough Vizards